Jeff Mosher, 719-634-7333 ext 1005
Commissioner since 2016
Welcome to the Rocky Mountain State Games Triathlon. Are you looking to challenge your endurance while taking in the amazing sights and sounds of the Colorado Rockies? Register today for the 2016 Rocky Mountain State Games Sprint Triathlon on Saturday, July 23. It is the only USA Triathlon sanctioned triathlon in Colorado Springs. Perfect for competitors and beginners alike, this event takes participants on a thrilling adventure in and around Prospect Lake with a beautiful swim in the shadow of Pikes Peak and the exciting multi-lap racing format on the roads of Colorado Springs. For the past few years this event has received rave reviews and with the actions taken to improve the event for 2016, it promises to be the best yet. Divisions offered in three age categories, a strong focus on youth racing and a relay event make this event perfect for the whole family as athletes of all ages and skill levels are encouraged to compete in the Rocky Mountain State Games, Colorado’s Largest Sports Festival. Along with the thrill of competition, awards, event t-shirts, prizes, and post-race refreshments will be available to participants. Register today to take advantage of early registration discounts and enjoy an action packed race in beautiful Colorado Springs.
Highlights for 2016
- RMSG is once again a part of the prestigious Rocky Mountain Region Talent ID Series designed to foster development of young athletes ages 13-19. The top 10 finishers at each event will earn points toward a season end tally. The top three athletes in each division at the end of the series will be awarded prizes and merchandise from USAT sponsors.
- This year's event has been named the Rocky Mountain Region Paratriathlon Championship! Ambulatory/visually impaired & wheelchair athletes are eligible to compete in the Physically Challenged Open (PC Open) divison.
- Brand new to the sport? Register for the Super Sprint (16+) to test out the triathlon waters. This division is brand new and will run the same distances as the youth Super Sprint event giving beginner athletes a chance to get introduced to the sport.
- Is this your first Triathlon? A rookie award will be given to the top rookie overall (male and female). Awards will also be given to the Top Overall Male and Top Overall Female.
- RMSG 15th Anniversary Athlete t-shirts will be provided to all participants.
- Transition area will be secured by security volunteers monitoring the area. Only athletes will be allowed within transition area.
- Updated transition area and course fencing for spectator viewing and athlete safety
- Pros Corner: The 2016 RMSG Triathlon "Pros Corner" will proudly feature elite USA Triathlon athletes on-site to sign autographs.
Interested in Track Cycling? Check out the "Learn the Velo" class at the Olympic Training Center Velodrome to earn your USA Cycling Track Category 4 or better license. Click here to register for the "Learn to Velo" class. Bring your RMSG Registration Confirmation to the Velodrome and receive $25 off the regular class registration fee! Click to learn more about the Learn the Velodrome Course or Junior Learn the Velodrome Course.
- About Us
- Rocky Mountain State Games
- Golf Tournament
- Luncheon Series
- Downtown Celebration
- Pikes Peak Cycling Hill Climb
- Sports Hall of Fame
- Pikes Peak Int. Hill Climb
- USA Cycling Hill Climb National Championships